Dew is a programming language for game scripting with streams. A Dew stream represents something that changes over time, and produces exactly one value per time frame. Dew can be seen as a ML variant with stream as first class citizens.
- Specifically designed for practical game development
- Highly dynamic stream network to spawn or destroy streams
- Easy integration with game engine with minimal work required
- Statically typed with Hindley-Milner type inference
- Implicit parallelism via asynchronous function calls into game engine
- Uses a garbage collector that is designed with games in mind
- All data structures including streams are immutable
- Communicate with game engine through side-effects of streams
- Compiled to native binary via LLVM
The compiler implementation is a work-in-progress and not available.